Digital Practice – Software Engineer
Opportunity ID: JPSS-2018-02
Software Engineer, Digital Practice
About Sixth Sense
Sixth Sense develops AI-based software platforms and applications to support decision makers answer key business questions. Our Italy-based team leverages commercial software and develops cutting-edge components for big data analytics, visualization and automated generation of insights.
Sixth Sense is committed to hiring and growing international, exceptional talents driven by strong ambition and motivation. Our highly-selective team operates with an innovative product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary interaction, horizontal organizational structure, and tech contribution at every level. Working with us means to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. Being passionate about things we do is a fundamental ingredient of our job – without passion and commitment, you will find what we’re doing too difficult.
We’re currently looking for a software engineer to join our software development team in Pisa to support product prototyping and development. Our software engineers work on front end and back end development, artificial intelligence algorithms development and rollout into commercial applications. The ideal candidate should have strong programming skills and be familiar with development of web / mobile applications, artificial intelligence techniques, and data mining.
- Passionate about software programming, new technologies, and cool stuff.
- Experience working in Linux and familiarity with object-oriented programming.
- Have experience developing applications for mobile platforms.
- Have experience developing web applications and websites.
- Have a solid understanding of neural networks and predictive algorithms a plus.
- Keep up to date on latest technologies and developments.
- Collaborate with business development team to understand needs and present potential solutions.
- Create prototype applications and integrate into existing systems to demonstrate and showcase technologies.
- Strong communication skills to clearly present findings and recommendations.
- Familiarity with financial services and management consulting industries preferred but not required.
- Degree (B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.) in software engineering, computer science or equivalent
- English and Italian fluency (certifications preferred)
Part time / Full time / internship, also depending on the best candidate’s needs and expectations
Apply now by sending your updated CV and cover letter plus any other supporting material (websites, applications, etc) to: email@example.com